Exploring Possibilities – Intensive Week 2017 by Diego De La Rosa
Who is the workshop addressed to?
The workshop is addressed to anyone that has experience in any sort of dance, especially contemporary dance or any urban style.
I would recommend that people have at least some sort of experience in dance, preferably an intermediate level or some experience in movement or other techniques that engage the body.
Which elements/techniques will participants learn?
- Sport exercises where they will get the chance to have a better understanding of their physicality and anatomy, helping them to strengthen their bodies and avoid future injuries
- More body awareness, how to isolate body parts without engaging other ones. Stimulation of the brain with different tasks to step out from your habits gaining more possibilities
- How to increase the creativity. How to be able to use our two cerebral hemispheres, not only being able to copy & repeat. Finding one’s own & personal style
- How to improvise using different qualities and letting the mind free of judgment
- Technical and single dynamic movements from acrobatics and floor work elements
Choreographies where I mix contemporary elements using my bboy Skills, hip-hopexperimental influences, acrobatics and martial arts inspiration.Where is the focus?The idea is to start the class with improvisation exercises to warm up while at the same time, bringing us into a full awareness of our own body. We mix it with fixed exercises to understand how our joints work, how to get a healthier body and how to use our body to get more possibilities when it comes to movement and mobility.
Followed by simple exercises and small sequences where we will learn tools and elements that later on will help us go through the class.
The aim is to build a very high & dynamic energy. We will learn choreographies in which we will apply the elements we passed through during the class, where each one of us will add his own personality and movement quality to express himself individually.
How much time will be used for each part of the lesson?
These estimations depend of the group (amount of people & level):
- Warm-up with improvisation tasks
- Simple exercises, diagonals & technical movements
- Choreographies & sequences
Which music will be danced to?
The playlist starts with experimental/ambient electronic sounds or classical music, then passes to slow Hip-Hop beats, traditional Spanish music & Arabic sounds to end with the high and deep energy of Techno.
For 5 days 2hours per Workshop
Early Bird: 115€ (till 24.06.2017)
For Motion*s Contract Members
Register and payment only in cash at the studio.
Early Bird: 100€