The Yoga for Dancers course is for dancers of all levels and those who want to deepen their body awareness. It is a balancing, gentle and energizing practice, and is a great preparation for those who attend the Professional Ballet Training class with Jo Siska directly afterward.
Yoga is a physical-spiritual discipline that has a holistic beneficial effect.
This class gives participants the chance to:
– Get to know the basics of yoga philosophy;
– Understand and learn to balance effort and relaxation;
– Develop strength and stability by improving flexibility and muscular strength;
– Train the perception of the body and change established adverse movement patterns;
– Learn “pranayama”, yogic breathing exercises that increase energy in life. “Prana” means life energy, and “Ayama”, expansion and control.
In my lesson, I integrate dynamic flow elements and precise anatomical alignments with the help of conscious breathing and attention to movement.
If the class description above doesn't say otherwise, all of our classes are open drop in classes. That means you don't need to register for this class in advance. Just be at the studio about 15 minutes prior to the start time and sign in for the class at the front desk. More questions you might have you'll find answers to in our FAQ.
This post is also available in: Deutsch