Rossella Canciello, Italian born and currently based in Berlin, is a choreographer and dancer. Over the years she’s worked with international dance companies and theatres like Goldoni Theater, Deutsche Oper, Staatsoper Im Schiller Theater, Arabesque Company, Ensemble Ballet, Borderline dance Company. She collaborates with Susanne Linke, being involved in several projects and recently as an assistant for her workshops. As an educator she teaches contemporary technique, composition and improvisation. Besides her dancing work she also teaches GYROKINESIS® method.
- In 1993 she graduated in Ballet and Modern Dance in Italy at the „Accademia Napoletana di Danza LYCEUM“ by Mara Fusco.
- Since 1993 till now she’s been increasing her own experience and knowledge studing with several teachers as Yvonne Goubè, Vladimir Derevjanko, Raffaella Giordano, Micha van Hoecke, Giorgio Rossi, Michele Abbondanza, Antonella Bertoni, Simona Bucci, David Zambrano, Martin Kilvady, Ivan Wolfe, Rosalind Crisp, Carolin Carlson, Susanne Linke, Julyen Hamilton.
- In 2002 she won a scholarship for the Laban Centre in London.
- In 2002 she’s graduated as Ballet and Contemporary teacher at „A.I.D. Lega danza U.I.S.P“ in Italy.
- In the 2003, she took part of Pro Series course, leaded by Susanne Linke, within ImpulsTanz in Wien.
- Since April 2015 she’s been involved in the “ Inner Suspension” education-project , which is the Susanne Linke’s technique. After that she’ll get the certification and be able to teach it.
- In 2018 she certificated as GYROKINESIS® teacher.
Work as dancer/ choreographer *
- Between 1996 and 1999 she danced in several dance companies as Balletto di Napoli directed by M. Fusco (Italy), Nafsika Dance Theatre directed by S. Smailou ( Greece ), Movimento Danza directed by G. Stazio ( Italy).
- * From 1999 to 2008 she was involved as dancer and choreographer in the „BorderLine Danza“ contemporary dance company, with which she’s been still collaborating as guest artist.
- In 2004 she danced „Macht das Was?“ created by Susanne Linke for Versiliadanza Dance Company.
- In 2007 she performed „Carmen“ for the „Teatro di San Carlo di Napoli“ in Italy, choreographed by Micha Van Hoeche.
- In 2008 within the Festival Tanznacht Berlin she performed „the Simmetry Project“, by Jess Curtis at Uferstudios, Berlin.
- In 2012 she worked as dancer in “Parsifal“ at the Deutsche Oper Berlin, choregraphed by Mara Kurotschka and diercted by Philipp Stölz.
- In 2016 and 2018 worked as dancer in “Trovatore” at Schiller Theater Berlin,choregraphed by Mara Kurotschka and diercted by Philipp Stölz.
Work as choreographer
- Since 2000 till now she’s been creating pieces in collaboration with Borderline company and as indipendent choreographer too. Some of her works were coached by Susanne Linke, as :
„My Home“, 2009, performed at Brotfabrik and within 100grad Berlin Festival at Sophiensaele, Berlin, Auditorium teatro Bellini, Naples, Teatro delle Arti, Salerno.
“ I don’t know yet, but it’s a duet!“, 2010 , performed at Brotfabrik, and at HAU 1 ( Hebbel am Ufer) within 100grad Berlin Festival, ArteMuoveArte Festival, Naples.
“ DRONE “ , 2013, premiere in Salerno, Lakestudios in Berlin, 638 Kilo Tanz Festival in Essen, “ MOVE” Festival in Krefeld, Laborgras in Berlin.
- From 2005 to 2007 within the Versiliadanza project in collaboration with Susanne Linke she took part of evening Solos choreographed by company’s dancers, and coached by S. Linke.
- In 2006 she, in collaboration with Luca Canciello (musician and composer), gave bird to their own project, „Stepstuned“, focused on the research of interaction between sound/noise and movement. Taking part, with thier projects , of several Festivals between Italy and Germany. In the last creation, “ La Chambre de ma soeur “ ( 2017 ), they involved the director and playwright Lino Musella having first working progress showing in Naples ( 2017) and be invited at Soundance Festival in Berlin ( 2018 ).
- In 2014 „Metamorfosi“ project, a co-production between Borderline dance company ( Italy) and Arabesque dance company ( Vietnam) performed in Italy and Vietnam, she worked as choreographer assistant and dancer.
- Starting from 2013 she is been working as Susanne Linke’s assistant during workshops across Europe